As you read this, over 300 individuals are waiting for a call that we have secured them a computer, tablet, or internet access so that they may reconnect to school, work, family, friends and their community as the pandemic endures.
In the last 7 months, thanks to generous support of our donor community we have provided over 800 devices to those who would otherwise be isolated from school, work, and family. Please help us meet our goal of connecting 300 individuals before the end of the year by sponsoring someone's access to tech, so they can safely connect with the world beyond their home.
All donations will support a child or adult in need, including individuals who are homebound due to a disability or chronic health condition.
Your support can make a life-changing difference:
- $50 will purchase a personal hotspot device, enabling mobile internet access both inside and outside the home. (50 people on our waitlist)
- $30 will cover 6GB data coverage per month per hotspot device. (50 people on our waitlist)
- $100 will purchase a tablet to keep individuals connected with friends and family. (177 people on our waitlist)
- $250 will purchase a Google Chromebook to keep a child engaged with online learning. (18 people on our waitlist)
- $350 will purchase a laptop to keep adults connected to work from home. (47 people on our waitlist)
- $500 will equip one household with a “Social Connectedness Kit,” including the purchase of a laptop computer or tablet with pre-loaded internet connectivity, additional add-on apps, assistive technology software when needed, and information enabling free and easy access to tele-healthcare, mental health, and wellness services. (5 people on our waitlist)
If you cannot make a donation, you can still make a huge difference by sharing our donation page with others or posting it on social media to encourage donations.
On behalf of the 300 people waiting for technology to reconnect, we sincerely thank you.
The Social Creatures Team
Social Creatures is an applied research nonprofit organization bridging science education, advocacy, and innovation to ensure that any individual can socially connect with others, no matter the circumstances. We have partnered with Mount Sinai, a 501c3 status organization, to provide you with a tax-deductible option for donation while we await the processing of our own 501c3 status. 100% of donated funds will go to Social Creatures.